quinta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2008

Never visit a Brazilian dentist

Written June 18, 2008

Never visit a Brazilian dentist.

Sure, you may think that $20 is a more than fair price to pay for a full mouth cleaning. But then you arrive in the back room where the equipment is of questionable cleanliness and there's no fan, so you will sit there sweating. The chair will wobble. And you may tell yourself that for $20 it's worth it, but then the dentist will begin to mercilessly attack your teeth and gums. You will spit blood and the pain will be so intense that you will remember why dentists in Brazil are paid so little. Nobody would pay any more to have such misery inflicted on them. So, please, don't go to a Brazilian dentist.

Life is good otherwise. Today my good buddy, Larken, arrived in Caravelas. We stuffed ourselves with classic Brazilian grub (rice, beans and chicken with fried manioc). Now he's at my house and I'm at work. Yes, when I'm at work I mostly check facebook and write Emails.
I hope that we will head out for some adventures soon, so I will keep you updated.

The newest happenings are that all three of my cats have now died. Recall that Bruxinha was viciously attacked by my landlord's cat. About a month later, my cat Gaia crawled out the window to her doom when the cat attacked her as well. I was at work, but my friends called me and I arrived in time to see Gaia die. Since the window was still broken, I decided to leave my other cat, Manguezal, with a friend until I could have the window fixed. This "friend" let the cat out, who has not been heard from since. Poor cats, I don't know what I did wrong....

I also adopted a dog, I'm not sure if I had written about that. Hopefully he will do well. He's a puppy and I picked him up off the street. When I got him, most of his hair had fallen out and he was all ugly and pink and his skin was coming off. Now he's gotten much better. He's an awesome dog, the best behaved dog I've ever been directly involved with. His name is Vagabundo.

Tata for now,
~Helen

Nenhum comentário: